RSS

What Are the Symptoms of Depression?

Symptoms that people have when they're depressed can include:
  • depressed mood or sadness most of the time (for what may seem like no reason)
  • lack of energy and feeling tired all the time
  • inability to enjoy things that used to bring pleasure
  • withdrawal from friends and family
  • irritability, anger, or anxiety
  • inability to concentrate
  • significant weight loss or gain
  • significant change in sleep patterns (inability to fall asleep, stay asleep, or get up in the morning)
  • feelings of guilt or worthlessness
  • aches and pains (with no known medical cause)
  • pessimism and indifference (not caring about anything in the present or future)
  • thoughts of death or suicide

When someone has five or more of these symptoms most of the time for 2 weeks or longer, that person is probably depressed.

Am I depressed? I think I have a few of the symptoms.. I really need a holiday to clear up my mind & soul. I need a break!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 say what?: